Pansenti has announced the first release of Syntro (version 0.5.0), a cross-platform framework for creating distributed sensor networks. Syntro is an open source C++ library and a set of applications based on Qt 4.7. The source code is released under the GPL license.
Syntro has been developed on the following platforms:
- Linux Fedora 16
- Ubuntu >= 10.10
- Mac OS 10.7
- Windows 7
Syntro can run on x86 targets as well as ARM based Pandabord, Beagleboard and Beaglebone development boards (Ubuntu only).
Syntro is based on the following “SyntroCore” applications:
- SyntroExec – Start up and management of Syntro apps.
- SyntroControl – Message switching and multicast distribution.
- SyntroStore – Multicast stream capture.
- SyntroCFS – Cloud file storage.
- SyntroReplay – Multicast stream generation.
- SyntroLog – Network-wide logging.
Some demo applications using one or more webcams and the OpenCV library are also available:
- SyntroCamera – Capture a stream from a video device (such as a webcam) and use that data to publish a Syntro multicast stream
- SyntroReview – App that can play back a previously captured video stream
- SyntroVideoFilter – Demonstrates how OpenCV can be used with Syntro to implement a pipeline video filter
- SyntroView – App that is able to display many simultaneous live video streams in a “security monitor” style display