> Android, Ingenic JZ74xx, Processors
> Ingenic JZ4780 SoC Features a Dual Core MIPS CPU and PowerVR SGX540 GPU
MIPS and Ingenic Semiconductor have just introduced the JZ4780, a low cost dual core MIPS XBurst processor with a PowerVR SGX540 GPU. The companies will demonstrate their solution in a 10″ Android 4.1 Jelly Bean reference tablet during CES 2013, on January 8 – 12, 2013.
JZ4780 SoC Highlights:
- SoC – Dual XBurst core up to 1.5GHz CPU + PowerVR SGX540 GPU supporting 2D Graphics, 3D Graphic, OpenGL ES2.0 and ES1.0, OpenVG1.1
- VPU – 1080P Decoder,1080p encoder
- Memory Interfaces – 8-bit SLC/MLC/TLC NAND Flash, 64 bit ECC |16/32-bit DDR3/DDR2/DDR/Mobile DDR SDRAM
- Peripherals – AC97/I2S/SPDIF, Audio Codec, LCD-IF, LVDS, HDMI, Camera-IF, Touch ADC,PCM, I2C, SPI,UART, SD/MMC/SDIO, USB Host, USB OTG 2.0, TS-IF, GPIO, OTP
- Power Consumption – Ingenic’s MIPS-Based XBurst processor is said to consumes approximately 140mW per GHz under full load.
- Package – BGA390 17 x 17 x 1.1 mm, 0.8mm pitch
- Process – 40nm CMOS
Ingenic will also demonstrate a version of the tablet that includes Altair’s MIPS-Based FourGee chipset bringing LTE networking to the device.
JZ4780 SoC is available now. For more information, including JZ4780 Datasheet, and RD4780_PISCES development board hardware manual and schematics, visit Ingenic JZ4780 page.