For those of you in need of high resolution tablet, Panasonic has unveiled a 20″ tablet powered by an Intel Core i5 processor running Windows 8 Pro with 3840 x 2560 resolution. This tablet is mainly targeted at professionals, and Panasonic has demos for 3 use cases at CES 2013: car dealers, designers and architects, and photographers.
The specifications of Panasonic tablet are as follows, but may slightly change once the product is officially available:
- Processor – Intel Corei5 3427U vPro 1.8 Ghz CPU
- GPU – NVIDIA GeForce Graphics
- Memory – 4GB memory (16GB max)
- Storage – 128GB SSD + 1x micro SD card (SDXC)
- Display – 20-inch IPS-alpha display panel with 3840 x 2560 (230ppi) resolution (15:10 aspect ratio)
- Connectivity – IEEE802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth V4.0 wireless
- 1x USB 2.0
- High resolution digital pen (Anoto live pen)
- Camera – HD 720p front camera
- Battery life – Up to 2 hours
- Dimensions – 47.50 x 33.27 x 1cm
- Weight – 2.4kg
With a battery life of just 2 hours max and a weight of 2.4kg, this tablet is not really designed to be used on the go, but the applications are still interesting for specific use cases, as you can see in the video below shot by Charbax.
Panasonic 4K tablet should be available later this year at a “not so good price” .