If you are on the lookout for an inexpensive 4G phone, Cubox X18 Plus smartphone with a Mediatek MT6750T processor running Android 8.0, a 6″ display, 4GB RAM, and 64GB flash may be worth a look as GearBest offers the device for as low as $79.99 shipped.
The trick is that it is a flash sale with only the first 10 units sold at 9:00 UTC on March 5-9 (50 units in total), so you’d have to be fast and lucky to get it at that price. If you miss the flash sale, promo price is $129.99 until March 12.
CUBOT X18 Plus smartphone:
- SoC – Mediatek MT6750T Octa-core (4+4) processor @ up to 1.5GHz with Arm Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot up to 256GB
- Display – 5.99″ 2160×1080 touchscreen display
- Camera – 20+2MP dual rear camera with AF and flash, 13MP front-facing camera
- Cellular Connectivity
- 2G GSM – 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G WCDMA – 900/2100MHz
- 4G FDD-LTE – B1/B3/B7/B8/B20
- Dual SIM dual standby, 1 Nano SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card/micro SD card
- Wireless Connectivity – 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS
- Audio – 3.5mm audio output port, built-in microphone and speaker
- Sensors – Fingerprint scanner, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor, proximity sensor
- Battery – 4,000mAh battery
- Power Supply – 5V/2A (not so fast charging)
- Dimensions – 15.85 x 7.36 x 0.85 cm
- Weight – 179 grams
The phone runs Android 8.0, and ships with a power adapter, a USB cable, and back case.
In case you don’t usually enjoy the frustration associated with flash sales, but still wants a cheap 4G smartphone, Geotel Note 4G could be an alternative for $80.99 shipped on Aliexpress. The specifications are not quite as good though, since you’d be limited to a Mediatek quad core processor, 3GB RAM, 16GB flash, a 720p display, standard rear and front-facing cameras, and the older Android 6.0 operating system. The Geotel phone has close to 250 orders, and feedback from users is usually good considering the price.